Saturday, August 13, 2011

30- & 40-Something Wives, Help Please: Accept "As good as it gets" marriage or push for more?

My wife has no time for or interest in me, ually or otherwise. She's very busy with the kids, etc, but there is never any time for us. She would rather veg-out to Nick-at-Nite or whatever. No interest in innocent hand holding, cuddling, or other emotionally bonding but non-ual contact. Always time for her girlfriends, though. Otherwise things are OK (good kids, we're agreeable, etc). If I initiate intimacy she will participate but it's more going thru the motions for my benefit (not real good at faking it, but it's the thought that counts I suppose...). Should I be satisfied with this "as good as it gets" relationship, or try and see what issues may be getting in the way of our intimacy? Push the envelope, or leave well enough alone? I would like her to be a happier, more fulfilled person but not sure if I pursue this it may just aggrevate her. Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment