Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Phillies fans: Think they should have kept Scott Graham as an announcer ?

I wonder what happened ? Initially, when he started doing radio work for the Phils I was very impressed with Scott Graham. He has a really fine sports broadcasting voice. Then I witnessed, a pre-game interview in the lower level concourse area behind home plate at the old Vet. While interviewing a ball-player I noticed he wasn't even really looking directly at the ball-player he was conducting the interview with. It was like he was just going through the motions. I thought to myself, ..."how fake!" I witnessed other S.Graham interviews & saw the same impersonal style. So, after that, I was no longer a Scott Graham fan. As time went on and he began to get live-game-broadcasting time on the radio, I was turned off by his obvious lame attempt to coin a signature phrase for himself. "Mark up another win ...for the fightin Phils !" after Philly victories. This came off so obviously contrived. A Harry Kalas wanna-be! Harry's didn't seem so intentional, or contrived, ....when it first began.

No comments:

Post a Comment