Friday, August 12, 2011

My dog ate a shish-kebob stick and is in great pain, but multiple vets say it's back issues. What do I do?

i don't think it is a spinal issue either ... my friends dogs ate one of those bamboo sticks (right off the bbq) and what you typed is exactly what happened with her dog ... eventually her dog did get worse and required surgery ... when they opened the dog up the stick was right there but was not found on x-ray ... it must be so hard to see your dog like that and the vets without knowing really what to do ... i remember the pain my friends dog was in but after surgery, the dog did survive ... but the surgery was expensive ... it sounds like you have already been to several vets, my suggestion would be to pick one and have the vet open the dog up ... if you can not afford it, with the dog in such pain, and as awful as it is to consider, it might be more humane to have him put to sleep ... i hope you can find solution ...

No comments:

Post a Comment